NYC isn’t for the faint hearted. Here’s 15 lessons I’ve learnt since moving to this crazy amazing city.
1. Flying in and out of JKF really is as traumatic as everyone says.
2. You can’t wear nice things if your mode of transport is the subway.
3. People who run into you and drop their food are scammers.
4. If there’s an empty carriage on the subway – there’s a good reason.
5. The city will influence your dress style.
6. Houston street is pronounced House-ton.
7. Manhattan loves French Bulldogs.
8. Whole Foods = whole paycheck.
9. Personal space is a privilege.
10. You’ve got to move. Fast.
11. There is no such thing as “saving money” in NYC.
12. The Walk / Don’t Walk signs are irrelevant. People will walk when the want to walk.
13. “New York Busy” is a different kind of busy. Next level busy.
14. Make the most of your time off.
15. You can outsource all the things. Cooking, cleaning, washing, dog walking.