…which means off to the snow we go! Our trip started off in Vancouver for 8 days, Whistler for 1 and Silver Star for another 4. We managed to cram a heap into the time we were away, including skiing and snowboarding and thankfully returned back to NYC injury free.
Vancouver had perfect running weather and I was lucky enough to squeeze in x3 runs before Christmas. The city has this strange but wonderful combination of Mountains and ocean and very mild winter temperatures. The biggest thing we had to adjust too was how friendly the Canadians are. We were staying out in East Van which is quite gentrified and by the end of it we were sad to say bye to our baristas at the corner coffee shop!
Some highlights from the Vancouver trip:
- Meeting Kate Winslet & Ned Rocknroll
- Competitive Christmas Werewolf
- Receiving a potato bag as my White Elephant Christmas gift
- Lek receiving a piñata stuffed with dog food for his White Elephant Christmas gift
- Skiing Whistler & Blackcomb Mountain on Boxing Day & practically having the mountains to ourselves
- FaceTiming home & chatting to Mum, dad, Mitch & Yiayia for Christmas ?
After Christmas we headed over to meet the Reynolds family at the Silver Star Resort for a quick visit. Silver Star had amazing skiing and snowboarding conditions – they got a heap of snow – it didn’t stop snowing for 2 – 3 days which meant we had amazing powder days!
Some highlights from the Silver Star trip:
- Catching up with Scott, Tess, Nat, Ed & Cass
- Meeting Alex, Kath & Irene
- Having Irene clean up in Cards Against Humanity
- Learning to snowboard
- Snowboarding on powder days
- Bringing in NYE with candle light
- Watching Tess crush it on the pond & see her enjoy every single ice hockey game, with jersey